Tile Cleaning Service Tips for the Amateur Floor Cleaner
he hardest part about maintaining a tile floor is cleaning the grout between the tiles. This is especially difficult if you have many pets, or a big family. Tiles don’t get a lot of wear and tear, but the grout between them deteriorates over time. At some point most home owners are faced with a choice – hire a tile cleaning service, or try to handle it on your own.
As a professional tile cleaning service, we decided to share a couple of ways for tile floor maintenance, just so you know what you are up against:
- Before getting down to business, you have to get the right tools and supplies. You need a kit of scrubbing tools, because that is the best way to handle it. It may sound a bit harsh, but it’s perfectly safe for the tiles. They are resistant to any water damage, and can handle a lot of scrubbing before it starts to affect them. The grout, on the other hand, is a bit more fragile. That’s why using the right amount of force is essential.
- Grout gets staining only on the surface, so if you rub it a bit harder, you can remove all stains without damaging the actual grout. To do that, you can use a piece of fine sandpaper. Fold it in two and carefully scrub the dirt off the surface. Apply an even amount of pressure on the grout and everything will be alright.
- If you don’t want to risk damaging your tiles by using sandpaper, you can borrow a pencil eraser, or a sturdy brush with harder, nonmetal threads. All that’s left for you after that, is to get on your knees and start scrubbing.
- If you don’t feel like getting dirty, you can always call a tile cleaning service, and let them handle it. You can also use a grout cleaning agent, but such detergents are very powerful, and can damage your floor if you are not careful.
- If everything else fails, you can always replace your grout. Get a grout removal tool and clear it out. Once it’s all clear of dust and debris, you can start applying the new grout. This is a very complicated task, however. That’s why we advise you to avoid starting such major repairs on your own, and call a tile cleaning service.
If you don’t know a reliable tile cleaning service in your area, why don’t you give us a chance? Blue Bubble Home Services is a reliable floor cleaning company with years of experience and hundreds of satisfied customers in Decatur, GA.